Monday, May 12, 2008

I am craf-T

Welcome to my new blog. Since I am a crafty person, and often have a lot of time on my hands I figured that it might be fun to share my crafty skills with the world.

craf-T will be full of projects, ideas, tips, awesome sites and crafty people. I will keep everyone posted on my crafty endeavors, and introduce you to other hand-crafters that I love.

For my first official post I plan to introduce everyone to one of my favorite websites Purl Soho. As anyone who knows me knows... I love fabric. I have a bit of an obsession. I buy fabric I don't need, and constantly have to come up with ways new ways to use it up (hence the blog full of crafty tips and projects). Before I could be content with a trip to fabric depot, Mill End or bolt but now I have one more way to feed my obsession. Purl Soho is full of a ton prints that I have never seen at any of my local shops.

I have discovered some of my favorite pattern designers on this site. Among my favorites are; Etsuko Furuya, Tina Givens, Joel Dewberry, Heather Ross, and Anna Griffin. Not to mention all of the Alexander Henry, Robert Kaufman, and Freespirit Fabrics.

Aside from all the great fabric Purl Soho is full of wonderful yarns, books, patterns and accessories. Among all the pages of things you need to buy, there is also a great blog The Purl Bee, full of projects and tips, good for using up all that great merchandise you can't help but buying. I would also suggest putting you e-mail on their mailing list. I love getting my Purl Soho newsletter in my in-box.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Great blog, T! I'll be coming back to check it out. Can't wait to see some of your bags on the blog...

Rebel said...

yay for a new blog. Have you been to Cool Cottons on Hawthorne & 25th-ish? I think you'd really like the fabrics... lots of funky patterns and bright colors. It's more high end & designer brand than like the Mill End store... a little more like Bolt in NE.