Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Paisley... My favorite color


Ever since I laid my eyes on my first paisley I was hooked. I suppose that the paisley is one of the reasons I have a love affair with patterns, and fabric. When I was in high school I used to say that my favorite color was paisley.

I have always loved the patterns and the shapes in a paisley, but until I started thinking about writing this blog post I never really new much about paisley itself, and in fact the history of paisley is almost as interesting as the design itself. Instead of boring you all with my version of the history, I recommend that you read it, I know I found it interesting.

As a person that loves both paisley and designing patterns I find it odd that I only recently started designing my own paisleys.

First I made a sketch (left) to scan and bring into Illustrator to trace. Then I traced it. After I had a nice vector image to work with I was able to use the basic shapes I had created to make my many unique paisleys. So far I have 5 of them (below). Since they are all drawn on the computer they can easily be changed, added to, and colored! I can't wait to do more, so stay posted...

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You should find your old T-bird and repaint in paisley, I think the two would meld together well.