Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Inspired!!!

So lately I have been in a bit of a rut. No new ideas, and no energy. Over the last few days I have been trying to be inspired again.

Last Wednesday I went to a few of my favorite places to be inspired. First I went to Powells and grabbed a whole mess of great books, and looked through them over a cup of tea and made some notes. I came up with at least 2 or 3 fun projects to start.

Next I went to some place new. I went and looked around the museum of contemporary craft. It is a really cool place, and there is no admission on weekdays. I looked at a lot of art that inspired me as well.

Next I walked down to the pearl and looked around in one of my favorite stores Oblation papers and press. I love all the great cards, paper, ribbon, and most importantly I love drooling at all the great presses... I WANT ONE!!!

Last I walked over to Print Arts Northwest my FAVORITE gallery in the pearl and looked at all the wonderful prints. If I had money I would have bought so many of them. I figured out that what I really really want to do is start printmaking again. I miss it so much. I need to get myself a press, or take a class, or something soon...

Anyway I feel much more inspired and hope to get going on some projects soon... so stay posted.

1 comments:

Rebel said...

I kept meaning to go there... and was going to bring my mom when she was here but we never got around to it. I'm glad you had fun & got inspired.