Saturday, May 31, 2008

How Does Your Garden Grow?

With silver bells, and cockle shells,
and pretty maids all in a row.

Okay maybe I don't have any silver bells or cockle shells, but I will do my best on the pretty maids all in a row.

This week I finally got the rest of my garden planted. Once things get going we are going to have more fruits and veggies then we are going to know what to do with, I can't wait.

In the large garden area we have planted: 2 verities of heirloom tomatoes, 2 verities of cherry tomatoes, roma tomatoes, 2 plants of an unknown tomato (my dad gave them to me), english cucumbers, jalapenos, red and purple bell peppers, habanero peppers, anaheim chilies, peperoncini, green beans, cantaloupe, artichoke, zucchini, acorn squash and butternut squash.

In front of that garden area we have 2 rows of strawberry's (3 different verities). And to the left of the strawberry's we have plants a dozen blueberry bushes, and a marion berry bush. We might not have fruit on most of the bushed until next summer but when we do we are going to have more then we know what to do with!

Last we have planted a great little herb garden. It contains thyme, rosemary, sage, marjoram, oregano, fennel, dill, chives, dwarf curry, basil, italian parsley and lemon verbena. The dill is going crazy and I have used a lot of it. It is so nice to just run into the backyard and pick some fresh herbs to go into dinner.

Stay posted for more updates on the garden, recipes and photos of all the great things I plan to create.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

OK, LOVE the garden. So cool! Love the pics! Love the blog. :)
-Bri